- Click the link above to start searching for Accelerated Reader titles.
- You will be able to view the book level and points of over 100,000 books.
- Just type in the title of a book, topic, or author that you want to read and click "go."
- Click on the "Advanced Search" tab in the AR BookFinder to narrow your search. Search by subject by using the "Additional Criteria" field on the AR BookFinder form.
- Contact your school to verify it offers a quiz for the book you have selected.
Terms you need to know when searching:
Interest Level (IL) - Interest level is based on a book's content including theme, characterization, and plot. The content is grouped by appropriateness into these categories: LG = Lower Grades (K-3); MG = Middle Grades (4-8); MG+ = Upper Middle Grades (6 and up); and UG = Upper Grades (9-12)
ATOS Book Levels (BL) - Book level represents the difficulty of the text. For example, a book level of 4.5 means the text could likely be read independently by a student whose reading skills are at the level of a typical fourth grader during the fifth month of school. Of course the content may or may not be appropriate for a fourth grader which is why Interest Levels should also be used.
AR Points (AR pts) - Every book that has an AR Reading Practice Quiz is given a point value. AR Points are computed based on the difficulty of the book (ATOS readability level) and the length of the book (number of words). AR Points are a way of measuring how much reading practice your child is getting.
For more information, please read the "Parent's Guide to Accelerated Reader" online document.