You can help your child select books appropriate for their reading level with “Find a Book - Illinois” - a free, online book search that allows you to quickly and easily select books that will match your child’s reading level and interests.
Here are the five easy steps to get you started:
- Click here to visit the "Find a Book - Illinois" website
- Enter a child's Lexile measure
- If you do not know the child’s Lexile measure, you can search for books based on his or her comfort with grade-level materials.
- Have children pick interest categories
- View and refine the search results.
- As you browse books, click the “Find in a Library” button next to the book titles to check its availability at your public library.
- Add books to a child’s reading list
- You can print or email the child’s custom book list.
Use this free search tool to build custom lists for readers at all ability levels, and then locate your selections at the local public library. Helping your child find age appropriate books will contribute to his/her happy and successful summer of reading!