Databases for Research & Information
Morton Library offers these online resources:
Full Text Articles:
- FirstSearch - Full text journal and magazine articles. Please contact the library for the authorization and access code to this database.
- Full Text Books through EBSCOhost - Full text for books in electronic format. EBSCOhost provides Basic and Advanced Search Screens to accommodate both novice and experienced researchers (Searching tips).
Your Morton Public Library card number is your Patron ID.
- Peoria Journal Star / Newsbank - Peoria Journal Star newspaper backfiles and other news magazines and news video.
- Morton Times News - Morton Times News newspaper backfiles.
*Morton Public Library card number required.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - With these electronic reference books available 24/7, users can access reference eBooks in a variety of academic areas. Please contact the library for the password to access this database from home.
- Medline Plus- Trusted health information.
- WorldCat - Search for items in libraries all over the world.
- Accelerated Reader - Find titles for Accelerated Reader books here. Information on how to use Accelerated Reader found here.
- Heritage Quest - A comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources. Library card number required for access.