Morton Library offers these databases for research & information:
- Peoria Journal Star / Newsbank - Peoria Journal Star newspaper backfiles and other news magazines and news video. *Library card # required.
- Morton Times News - Morton Times News newspaper backfiles. *Library card # required.
- Digital Archives of Morton Library - A digital database of local Morton and Tazewell newspapers dating back to 1909. A recent version of Adobe Reader is required. Recommended browsers include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Click the "Help" tab on Digital Archive website for instructions using Chrome as your browser.
Full Text Articles:
- FirstSearch - Full text journal and magazine articles.
*Please contact the library for the authorization and access code to this database.
- Full Text Books through EBSCOhost - Full text for books in electronic format.
EBSCOhost provides Basic and Advanced Search Screens to accommodate both novice and experienced researchers (Searching tips) *Library card # is your Patron ID.
- eLibrary - General reference. Over 2,500 full-text titles, 9,000+ Research Topics. Over 7 million maps, photos, graphics, and websites.
*Please contact the library for username & password.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - With these electronic reference books available 24/7, users can access reference eBooks in a variety of academic areas. *Please contact the library for the password to access this database from home.
- WorldCat - Search for items in libraries all over the world.
- Financial & Business Publications (printed materials only located in library)
Other Online Resources:
- Medical Resource- Medline Plus website; trusted health information.
- Genealogy Resources - Heritage Quest, Ancestry.com
- Senior Citizen Resources - Websites that offer help for seniors.
- Job Search Resources - Websites & resources to help with job searches.
- eSequels - A reader's guide to novels in a series. **Library card # is your Patron Barcode