Place a Hold
Holds on materials in our library catalog (RSA Cat) can be placed in person, online, or by phone at 309-263-2200.
To place a hold online:
Log-in to the library catalog with your library card barcode and PIN (password). Contact the library if you do not know your PIN.
1) Search for items you are interested in. Choose "Search All Libraries" to extend the scope of your search beyond the Morton Library if desired. A Search Results page will appear.
2) Click on the item title (in blue) to display more informtion about the item you selected.
3) On the Item Details screen, click on the "Place Hold" link.
4) On the "Place Hold" screen, you can:
- choose the library where you'd like to pick up your item
- set an expiration date after which you no longer want to receive the hold
- set a suspension start and end date if you will be out of town and do not want your hold filled during a certain period.
5) Click on the "Place Hold" button to complete your hold. You will see a message if your hold is successfully placed or a notification if the hold is not allowed. Not all items are eligible for holds.
6) Please wait until you have been notified by phone or email to know your item is available to pick up. If you would like to receive your notification by email, please sign up for email notification at the library.
If the item you are searching for cannot be found in our library system, we can also try to obtain it through our interlibrary loan service.
Placing holds in RSA Cat gives you access to over 2.6 million items!