How our Summer Reading Program works:
- Sign up at the Children's Desk at the library.
- Check out books from the Morton Library.
- Write the titles of books you read on a log sheet that is kept at the library.
- Earn prizes when you reach reading goals.
- Reading Goals: Read 5 books from the Children's Area (Elementary) or
10 books from the Preschool & Early Readers Section of the Morton Public Library.
- When a child listens to or reads a book on Tumblebooks,or reads a book on CD, it will count as a book towards their goal. A Playaway View counts as one book towards a child's goal.
- Visit the children's desk to receive your prizes.
- Last day to record books & receive prizes is Saturday, July 30.
- Reach your goal and attend the Pool Party on Tuesday, August 2 from 7:00-8:30 pm.
For families we have an extra summer reading incentive!
- Families can receive an entry into the Family Challenge Prize Drawing if all family members commit to participating in summer reading (using the honor system).
- Families will receive more entries into the Family Challenge Drawing as they complete the Family BINGO Card.
- The prize for the Family Challenge Drawing is a membership of their choice to the Peoria Zoo, Riverfront Museum or Peoria Playhouse!