Text Messaging Service
Keep up-to-date with your library account activity on your mobile phone via text message. Please note that while the Library does not charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan standard text messaging rates apply.
*Sign up here to receive text messages on your mobile phone*
This service provided by Shoutbomb. With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
- Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines that are added to your account.
- Send a text to renew an item. If the item is eligible for renewal, your text message will renew it. If the item is not eligible for renewal, your text will not renew it. Either result will be reported by text message.
- Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive around 9am.
If you have questions about Shoutbomb, or if you have trouble signing up, please contact your library at 309-263-2200.
What do I need to sign up for text message services?
- A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.
- The barcode number from your Library card (ten digits, Dxxxxxxxxx), and the PIN for your library account.
- The PIN for your library account. If you don't know your PIN, please contact your library at 309-263-2200.